- 1. What is the main advantage of using Smile lab products such as the advanced teeth whitening strips?
Smile lab advanced teeth whitening strips will whiten your teeth by removing new and old discoloration. All products will also reduce unwanted bacteria and plaque, leaving you with a cleaner and healthier oral hygiene.
- 2. Will Smile lab advanced teeth whitening strips damage your teeth or can they damage the enamel?
No. All Smile lab products are formulated to be safe and effective. Just follow the instructions.
- 3. Can I wear Smile lab strips longer than the instructions indicate to achieve better results?
We recommend following the instructions included. There is no harm in extending any of our treatments by 5-10 minutes, but wearing Smile lab strips longer than that may cause discomfort.
- 4. When will I start to notice results with Smile lab advanced teeth whitening strips?
Depending on the product you have chosen, noticeable results are often seen after the 2-3 whitening sessions. Some customers notice results after the first whitening session. We recommend completing the whitening treatment for the maximum, long lasting whitening results.
- 5. How do Smile lab advanced teeth whitening strips work?
Smile lab advanced teeth whitening strips are transparent, thin, flexible strips that are coated with a specially formulated tooth whitening gel. Designed to fit to the shape and form of your teeth rows, they work by keeping the whitening gel tight in place and in good contact with your teeth. They remove stains and reduce plaque and bad bacteria, leaving your teeth whiter and cleaner.
- 6. How long will the result last?
How long your teeth with stay white depends on several factors. Oral hygiene routines, how often you drink coffee, tea, red wine and other dark colored drinks, tobacco or strong colored food. In general one strip treatment product should hold 6-12 months. Using Smile lab follow up products will help you keep good results indefinitely.
- 7. How do I maintain my white results?
Make sure to have a good everyday oral care routine. Following up with Smile lab ASC teeth whitening strips and/or follow up products will help you keep your white results indefinitely.
- 8. Can I use Smile lab ASC teeth whitening strips if I have crowns, fillings or veneers?
Yes. Smile lab ASC teeth whitening strips will not harm or whiten these types of dental work. Smile lab ASC teeth whitening strips will safely remove a large amount of surface stains, making them cleaner. This can be beneficial to the end result of the whitening treatment. ASC strips will help restore the original color of the artificial surface, however it will not make the artificial tooth whiter than it’s original color.
- 9. After whitening I got white spots on my teeth. What should I do?
The white spots are common and are not harmful. They are temporary and will disappear soon, normally before the treatment is over, or within a day or two after the treatment. You do not have to stop the whitening treatment.
- 10. Will Smile lab ASC teeth whitening strips affect dental work previously done on my teeth?
Teeth whitening strips and teeth whitening treatments in general only whiten natural teeth. The strips will not whiten caps, veneers, crowns or fillings. They are not recommended with use with braces. If you are in need of dental work, have dental work or have staining from medication, ask your dentist to determine if teeth whitening strips is appropriate.
- 11. How do I use Smile lab ASC teeth whitening strips?
Every pouch contains two strips. Apply the long strip to your upper front teeth (gel side to teeth) and the short strip to your lower teeth. Adjust with your fingers to smooth out any creases. Fold the excess part of the strip to the back side of your teeth. After 30 minutes, pull out the strips, discard them and brush or rinse out any remaining gel.
- 12. Will my teeth be stained easier or faster after a whitening treatment?
No. Smile lab ASC teeth whitening strips do not cause your teeth to stain faster or easier.
- 13. Can I do two whitening sessions in a row?
For all Smile lab “complete treatment” products you may speed up treatment time by doing two whitening sessions per day. Just wear the strips for the same recommended time, and clean your teeth in between sessions. Please read precautions and general instructions to avoid unnecessary sensitivity issues or other problems.
- 14. What happens if I miss a session day or two during my treatment?
You can skip, miss or postpone a couple of sessions without this affecting the end result.
- 15. Can I use the same strip twice?
No. After every use, discard the strip immediately. It has no significant effect left.
- 16. Can I use Smile lab ASC strips with prescription drugs?
If you wonder about whether to use whitening strips while on medication, ask your doctor, dentist or pharmacist about this.
- 17. Can I store my Smile lab ASC strips in my bathroom?
Yes, the ASC strips are especially heat treated and can handle temperatures higher than other teeth whitening products. We still recommend storing your Smile lab products as you store other fine cosmetics and beauty products. For Smile lab strips we recommend storage in a cool, dark environment, away from direct heat and sunlight. Do not freeze the ASC strips. Freezing the strips may affect the whitening power.
- 18. Can I use Smile lab ASC strips if I have a cavity?
If you have an untreated cavity, we don't recommend using Smile lab ASC teeth whitening strips. Check with your dentist first if you are unsure or need dental treatment before using whitening strips.
- 19. What do I do if I can't get the strip to stick to my teeth?
A good start is to always use a mirror to apply the strips. Make sure the strip is in good contact with the teeth surface. If you experience that the strips still don't stick properly, close your mouth and use your tongue to create some suction. The strips should stick better to the front and back, enclosing them to the treatment area. If you still have trouble getting the strips to stick, try leaving the strips out in room temperature (out of the outer pouch) for 5-10 minutes before application.
- 20. Can I use Smile lab ASC strips if I am pregnant or nursing?
This is not recommended. No specific research indicates that Smile lab ASC strips are harmful to pregnant or nursing women. In any case, please ask your doctor or dentist before using Smile lab ASC strips.
- 21. Can I drink while wearing Smile lab® ASC strips?
We do not recommend drinking any fluids during the whitening session. Since the Smile lab® ASC strips use a specially formulated gel that sticks very well to teeth, it is possible to drink water, as long as you drink carefully and avoid to much contact with your teeth. Make sure the strips are tightly applied to your teeth surface before and after doing so.
- 22. Can I eat while wearing Smile lab® ASC strips?
No, we do not recommend eating during a whitening strip session.
- 23. Should I brush my teeth before using Smile lab® ASC strips?
If you are a gentle brusher, there should be no problem. Hard brushing (especially on gum lines) may cause irritation to gums during whitening. You may of course brush earlier in day, or after a whitening session, but avoid hard brushing to your gums or gum line.
- 24. How do I measure the results from a whitening treatment?
To determine exactly how much whiter your teeth can get from any teeth whitening treatment, you will need to have a dentist measure the starting color and end results after a treatment. The only accurate way of measuring tooth color shades is a live comparence at the dentist office, using a professional Vita shade guide and in controlled lighting. Photos taken at home with a phone cam, or simplified shade guides on paper boxes, or on a computer screen are not accurate.